Friday, July 17, 2009

End of a new week

Well its hitting the end of the week (Friday) and I am in a good frame of mind. I have had a pretty good week eating wise and exercise wise. It looks as if I have stayed within the 1200-1400 calorie range for the full week and I actually feel good for doing so, I don't have a heavy feeling in my stomach and I feel focused on what I am trying to do. I also feel energised and motivated which has been lacking in that last few weeks, maybe even months. I feel the personal training is starting to work (I see improvements) and combined with the healthy eating and cycling it should boost me to the next level.

This week I changed my personal training and I am now going to start going for 2 half hour sessions each week. Because I did the hour session Monday it meant I did extra time on Wednesday and then I used the elliptical for 20 minutes. After doing these two sessions Jen and I went for a 20 mile cycle last night *grin* and I loved it. The feeling of being on the bike again was exhilarating and I didn't fall this time *LOL*. My goal for this ride was to just try pedal at a high cadence. I came in at 71rpm but I think the average was probably higher due to me coasting a couple of times. I looked at my computer at one point and I was at 100rpm *grin*.

Stats for the Ride:-

  • Trip Distance : 19.40 miles
  • Trip Time : 1 hr 21 mins 57 secs
  • Ave Speed : 14.20 mph
  • Ave Cadence : 71 rpm
  • Max Speed : 28.75 mph

It looks as if Reggie may be well enough to go for a ride with us this weekend (after his motorcycle accident). Talking with Jen we might arrange to cycle from our house to Dunbar Cave, have foods and then cycle back. In all its about a 20 mile ride with a few hills that might try us a little bit.

Ok I need to do some work so I guess it time to post. You guys have fun and be safe out there.

S.

1 comment:

  1. I think you should have warned Reggie of my new habit. Sorry, but well, its to release frustration in a less violent way. But, just you know, if you drop me on a hill you will be told to go eff yourself. Nothing personal. Just me making myself feel better about it. :)

    Much love to you both.

    ReplyDelete