Monday, May 24, 2010

Crazy Last week

Ok first off weight on Sunday morning was 245LBs so I believe a loss of about 3 lbs. Still not really working out but still trying to focus on that and failing.

This last week has been pretty hectic. For those not in the know TN was hit by a pretty bad storm at the start of the month. I thought we had got by pretty much scott free. Alas I was wrong. I have been dealing with in the last 4-5 days with dealing with registering with FEMA and talking to the city of Clarksville to try and help me out. Basically we had a storm drain that did not do its job and ended up submerging our HVAC unit and part of our yard in about a foot and a half of water. We are 3 weeks later and my ductwork still contains water and my system is inoperable due to it. A quote I have received is that we need a new HVAC and new ductwork. Oh JOY!!!!!

My hopes are the whole process will be painless but it may result in it being a hot painless due to no HVAC *LOL*. We have lots of box fans running to try keep up airflow but it is getting a little warm outside !!!

More updates when I know anything but before I go I want to give a big shout out to Allstate. Thanks for nothing!!!!!!!!!! It was impressive how fast they rushed to respond to our claim with a great big DENIED. seems if the rain had fallen directly into the unit it would be covered but hit the ground and your SOL. I am pretty mad at them but then I think most of the others are probably just as bad. Seriously we don't live in a flood plain why the hell are we not covered... could it be because as the insurance companies say 90% of damage is through flooding so they don't want to pay out!!! biggest annoyance though was they didn't even have the decency to put it to a TN adjusted they sent it to TX. how can someone in TX look at it... maybes they didn't plan to and this was the dept that scowers through the policy for an out.

Just my 2 cents. Rant over.

1 comment:

  1. 36 pounds in 60 days. That is the goal that L.W. and I have wagered on. In 60 days, we take off for Vegas. Loser will pay for the "Worlds Largest Hot Dog" from the "Slots-of-fun" restaurant. We want to "relish" in the sweet taste of free hot dog...

    Are you in for that goal with us? Even though you aren't going to Vegas, a little competitive peer pressure might help out. Unless you are going to Vegas and then it. is. on.

    ReplyDelete